There are times when one needs to constantly remind oneself as to what makes them to devote so much to someone special in their life. Is it physical attraction or emotional attachment or something else? How long is it gonna last? Logic doesn’t seem to work when it comes to the matters of heart.
It’s not Yash Chopra or Karan Johan’s movie where love is in the air all the time. It takes time and effort to make relationships work. It’s not smooth going all the time with no hiccups. Healthy relationships involve respect, trust and consideration for the other person. Often wonder if the distance between the concerned matters? Insecurities creep in when distance prevails for too long; it doesn’t mean continuously worrying about the possible end of the relationship. And it’s just not physical distance in perspective. It’s not uncommon to come across a girlfriend who is overly possessive or a boyfriend who is insanely jealous. Why such a thing would happen in first place if they are committed to each other? We expect the other to behave the way we want them to and can’t accept them the way they are. In the process, one is bound to feel not given enough freedom to be oneself and that’s when things fall apart.
I know I’m not exactly making perfect sense here – but it helps just to write.
There was time when I thought I had everything in life.. Nice job, loving family, friends and everything I could ask for. And then came the days when the word M popped up at home and the need to search for a soulmate. For the kind of introvert I am, couldn’t have imagined living life with someone I don’t know then nor wished for either. But perceptions change with time. And now I can’t imagine waking up to the day I can’t the see the smile on that face. It could be months, years before I would get to welcome the morning sun in those arms everyday. Now there are whole lot of things to look forward to.
I think the best gift nature has given to mumbaikars is the presence of the majestic sahyadri peaks and the numerous forts hidden amongst them. You’ll never run out of choices no matter whether you want to do a 1 day hike or probably a longer 3-4 day hike.
Almost every weekend, am out for exploring these terrains. One of the friends jested as to why anyone would want to climb those mountains when you have to come down anyways. Many a times logic doesn’t work in reasoning. But here are few of the reasons as why I love trekking..
– getting close to nature and enjoy its pristine beauty
– enjoying the wind blow on your face and ruffling up your hair.
– gorgeous views from the top. Its feast to your eyes on some breathtaking scenery
– stretching your limits/meeting challenges
– immense confidence booster
– get interaction with like-minded people (the trekking group) and the villagers you meet on the way
– traveling improves your understanding of life and is an important part of your self-knowledge
– wander off into endless realm of emptiness, away from the rush of life even for a glance all alone
– gives the kick for the fitness-freaks on stretching out your every nerve to climb up
– going beyond just visiting the mountains, believe in taking an interest in the History, Flora and Fauna of the place.
And last but not the least you got to carry the attitude. After all, trekking isn’t everyone’s cup of tea.
“I’ve learned that everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you’re climbing it.” – Anonymous
If the answer is yes, then this is a sure link to follow. Otherwise too, its definitely worth listening them..
Top 1000 Of The Last 30 Years, uploaded by DJ Pirate. (After downloading, rename the files’ extension “jpg” to “mp3”.) How many songs haven’t you listened to?